About Me

My photo
Mom of Gwyn https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=BLACKROOTS+STONEWALL+GWYNYVYR&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 10, 2011: Skykomish River

Eric and I honestly did try to get out and go for a hike today. However, we discovered that the road up to the trailhead was above the snowline and my little bitty Jetta was NOT making it through. So we called it quits, played around on a river bank and got some needed errands done (like an oil change for the jetta...)

But I will have River pics here! Without further ado, I give you the Skykomish Scenic River Access!


We've driven past this location several times going out to other hikes in the area and I've always wanted to stop and check the river out. It looks amazing with just the glimpses you get going over the bridge and it felt like a shame to not be able to share the views.

Photobucket

The graffiti on the sign amused me..
Photobucket

Boat launch that was incredibly eroded.
Photobucket

Train bridge
Photobucket

Car Bridge
Photobucket

The far bank is just a HUGE sandbank that's been slowly worn down.
Photobucket

Lots of huge river boulders!
Photobucket

And mountains in the mist.
Photobucket

Eric has taken to rock stacking now. And searching out nifty new rocks that are unusual colors, of which it seems there are many in this area.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This sign also amuses me. The wording is just so dramatic. WHEN DARKNESS FALLS, THIS PARK SHALL BE CLOSED.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment