About Me

My photo
Mom of Gwyn https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=BLACKROOTS+STONEWALL+GWYNYVYR&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Return to Deception Pass

I know I know I haven't even gotten the first set of pictures posted for this hike, but family is here and we decided that this area would be an amazing place to take them. I'm also going to be incorporating a fitness aspect to this blog. My goal is to lose weight, and let's be frank, I'm considered obese when you look at my BMI. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I will be tracking my heart rate (for those reading my resting is around 73 bpm. I was at 264 when I started this blog so hopefully I'll be able to see some progress!

Now this post is a bit different from the last. I did take pictures, and additionally, some video that I think you will perhaps enjoy.




Recognize that bluff on the right? It's where we headed out the first time we came here!
Photobucket

The trail was pretty gnarly, straight away with a switchback that took you up about 50 feet and then dropped you back down. Not so bad, but tough for my father who had polio in one leg. Still, you got some nice views right away!
Photobucket

Looking back over the bay and the long dock.
Photobucket

The headlands from before!
Photobucket

You start the hike on the other side of this bluff, hike up it, and then down. That's my brother up there, being a goofball.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The trail then takes you on a narrow spit of land that's no more than a sand bar with a bit of marsh in between. The grasses were pretty.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket

The actual waters of the pass itself. We got a better view later in the hike.
Photobucket

The big bridge!
Photobucket

You can see the flow of water in this picture. The current has to be crazy!
Photobucket

A tree we all posed in! Once you cross the spit of land you are on another bluff and it'd be pretty hard to get lost on it. There are crisscrossing trails all over it so pick your own adventure and enjoy exploring!
Photobucket
My sister in law, E.
Photobucket
Me!
Photobucket

Looking down from one of the cliff points. I felt like I might see pirates hiding in the cove, smuggling illegal goods back and forth. But then, I also have an overactive imagination. ;D
Photobucket

Kelp!
Photobucket

A lonely island.
Photobucket

You can kinda sorta see the olympic peninsula below the clouds there. It's hard to tell because you can't see the tops of the mountains.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There was a rope that led up the rock face on this extra hump of land. But I didn't see anyway to get up it without getting into the water. I give props to the person who actually managed it. They must have had far more rock climbing experience than I....
Photobucket

Photobucket

The bridge.
Photobucket


I love the look of the cedar leaves.
Photobucket


The 'kids' met up with the parents and we gathered back at the parking lot for a last hurrah of adventure. My brother wanted to do a polar bear swim in the pacific ocean while he was here. Now, we weren't at the ocean specifically, but we were pretty close! The catch was he only wanted to do it if I would go with him. So I agreed on the condition that I got to wear my wetsuit. He agreed to the terms and thus... we prepared for a dunk!




We'll see which of those works better. I've never embedded video into blogger before and I'm curious as to whether or not the embed code is better or worse than the built in button.

Irregardless... we did it!
Photobucket

It was very cold.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We decided to drive down Whidbey Island and take the ferry back to town rather than get back on the freeway. The ferry ride was fun.
Photobucket

Especially when I found typos.
Photobucket

It was cold and windy!
Photobucket

Coming into Mukilteo!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment