About Me

My photo
Mom of Gwyn https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=BLACKROOTS+STONEWALL+GWYNYVYR&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 12 2014 Lord Hill

Once again, hiking took a back burner as I got a new job with baby and trying to ride plus trying to get housework done on weekends and a weekly gaming night... well, you get the picture. I'm back to being home with the kiddo, and with the weather getting nicer I decided to start hiking during the week if possible. On monday, I decided on a spur of the moment trip to Lord Hill. I wanted to see if the kiddo would tolerate the pack better now that she's a bit older. Plus, since she's getting heavier, hauling her around would be good for me! I've also got a fitbit now so I'm tracking my steps every day and really want to make goal. Monday was a beautiful day. The bugs were minimal in the park, which is nice because as summer goes on the bugs get TERRIBLE here.





   photo DSC_0119_589edit.jpg I started the hike around 11:30 ish, after spending the morning at Lake Tye park (and doing a circuit around the lake). The kiddo pretty much immediately fell asleep in the pack. Score!  photo DSC_0120_590edit.jpg Gorgeous, lush green PNW forest is pretty characteristic for Lord Hill. We (I met another mom and her little girl) took the path to the southern view point. We had gorgeous views east and west!  photo DSC_0121_591edit.jpg  photo DSC_0122_592edit.jpg  photo DSC_0124_593edit.jpg As you can see, the kiddo was pretty firmly passed out. She did wake up soon after this picture because a man at the viewpoint was ringing a bell and chanting some sort of prayer. It was definitely a peaceful place to do such a thing! With a quick push through a scraggly path to the other side, you could get a view looking west.  photo DSC_0132_598edit.jpg  photo DSC_0133_599edit.jpg The colors were spectacular. On my way home I also snagged a couple pictures of Mount Pilchuck and Three Fingers!  photo DSC_0136_602edit.jpg  photo DSC_0137_603edit.jpg I love that this is so close to home! This hike was really nice. It's good for a quick leg stretcher and Lord Hill Park offers quite the selection of trails so you can go as long or as short as you'd like! Plus, since it's multi-use, I get multiple levels of enjoyment on its trails (especially with the horse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment