About Me

My photo
Mom of Gwyn https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=BLACKROOTS+STONEWALL+GWYNYVYR&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Iron Horse Trail: Washington Creek to Twin Falls

It's a rainy day, and we're leaving later than usual, but no fear, we bought headlamps from REI and rain jackets. I anticipate a wet, but enjoyable hike.




We arrived and easily found the trailhead. The whole park area looks like a fun place to return in warmer weather.

Photobucket

We also had Eric's sister visiting, and I suppose the PNW weather really gave her a taste of typical winter. Alas.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We reached the waterfall with ease. Eric and I definitely want to return with our bikes when the weather gets nicer. This looks like quite a pleasant bike. It's flat, and wide with a very slight grade only.
Photobucket

Despite the grayness of the day, it lent itself to some gorgeous pictures of mountain slopes appearing out of the clouds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nerd that I am, I wanted to add an O and S to the end of the sign....
Photobucket

I found LOTS of deer poop!
Photobucket

Photobucket

It was still a nice hike, clouds and all. And snow.
Photobucket

And bonus, the clouds began to clear!
Photobucket


So I fear we did intend to make it down to Twin Falls for my sister in law, but discovered the path thoroughly snowed. Eric and I would have continued, but for the fact that SIL was wearing sneakers....
Photobucket

So we turned back and the clouds started clearing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thankfully we didn't need to pull out the headlamps. But I don't think we would have even needed them. The path was wide and footing AMAZING.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Heh, guess I should have read more posts before making the headlamp comment!

    Hope you keep updating the blog, I love reading about (and seeing pics of) local hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, we definitely learned a lesson from the Oyster Dome trip and now carry headlamps at ALL times.

    ReplyDelete